Plasterer - Portsmouth City Council
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, and conscientious Plasterer to join our friendly team in a thriving and supportive workplace. This permanent position is well suited to an individual who is adaptable and able to cross transfer their skills in a repairs and maintenance environment.
THE COMPANY BENEFITS YOU WILL RECIEVE
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Undertake responsive and routine repairs and void repairs to Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets stock, and from time to time support other maintenance contracts as required. You will be working in all of PCC’s property portfolio including, but not limited to, Social Housing, Schools, Public Conveniences, Offices, Heritage and Museums
YOUR KEY ACTIVITIES
All types of plastering work, applying coats of plaster, render and cement, boarding to stud walls, over boarding ceilings, coving and cornice, fixing and coating thermoboard, Artexing. You could be required to carry out work at height, and non-licenced asbestos removal (where full training will be given).
- Be able to demonstrate you are a competent tradesperson and have the tools to do the work.
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry.
- NVQ level 2 in Plastering or equivalent.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Plasterer, then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times