Following a brief site closure in March/April due to the Covid-19 outbreak, our £5m project to construct a new boarding house on the grounds on Ryde School with Upper Chine has been progressing well. In addition to re-programming works to ensure social distancing could be safely carried out on site, our team have had to adapt to new ways of working as government advice continues to evolve. Our highest priority remains the safety of all those on and in the vicinity of the site as we work our way through the programme. Once completed, the new building will provide 1800m² of accommodation space over three floors and will be accessible via a new driveway along the school’s perimeter.
Over the past 8 weeks our site team have reached the following milestones:
- The ground floor to first floor floor brick and blockwork is now complete
- Stone surrounds have been installed to the ground floor
- The first floor pre-cast planks have now been landed, providing us with access to the first floor
- 1st to 2nd brick and blockwork is now underway, working towards the landing of the second floor planks
- Lower ground to ground pre-cast stairs have been installed
- Ground to first floor stairs have been installed to both Stairwell 1 and Stairwell 2
Thanks to the hard work of our team and supply chain, we are now nearing a point where we can start including a number of other trades on site in order to commence internal works.
We would also like to thank Ryde School staff, pupils and parents along with the Ryde community for their continued support on this project and we look forward to providing you with further updates throughout the year.