Electrician - Portsmouth City Council
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Electrician to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is based from the Portsmouth office working in our Portsmouth City Council term maintenance contract. The contract services and maintains over 8,000 social housing homes and 718 council buildings. You will join our maintenance team of over 150 staff who have been delivering this contract for over 12 years.
The most important elements relating to your work are;
- Electrical testing and inspection
- Reactive repairs and fault finding.
- Full domestic electrical rewiring.
- Electrical installation to kitchens and bathrooms.
- Electrical installation of domestic heating system.
- 17 Edition Wiring Regulation (18th edition preferred)
- Testing and Inspection 2391 or equivalent 2394 -2395
A full, clean current driving licence is needed so you can drive one of our vans.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Electrician then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times