Electrician - Isle Of Wight Maintenance
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Electrician to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- On top of your salary you will receive a £100 on call retainer for each week you are on call, and will be paid for each call out you attend
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Electrician with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. You must have relevant qualifications and broad maintenance experience in your trade.
- Ability to carry out electrical tasks such as, electrical installation condition reports, annual emergency light testing, fire alarm testing, installation work, fault finding, and completion of electric certification.
- Ability to quote for electrical test remedial work.
- To ensure that the quality of work always meets the highest possible standards.
- Ensure all electrical work conforms to the latest IEE Wiring regulations and current British Standards.
- Apply rigorous and sensible Health & Safety planning and practices in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE where needed.
- Fully diagnose a job before starting work; identifying the materials you need and other trades that may be required for full completion.
- Proficient in MS Office to an intermediate level and the ability to use an IT system for job management and electrical certification, understanding how it functions and interacts with other systems.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the electrical industry.
- Technical Electrical knowledge of working methods, practices, RAMS, regulations, legislation and British Standards
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent (Essential)
- 18th Edition (Desirable)
- 2391 or equivalent in Inspecting and Testing (Desirable)
- 5 years’ experience of working in an electrical maintenance/building environment
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Electrician then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times