Plumber - Portsmouth City Council
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Plumber to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Undertake responsive and routine repairs and void repairs to Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets stock, and from time-to-time support other maintenance contracts as required when demand requires.
You will be working in all of PCC’s property portfolio including, but not limited to, Social Housing, Schools, Public Conveniences, Offices, Heritage and Museums.
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
- A wide variety of plumbing repairs in occupied homes, buildings and empty properties. The work will include; bathroom installations, first and second fixing, emergency water escape repairs, drainage, shower pump replacements, ceramic wall tiling, and non-licenced asbestos removal (where full training will be given).
- NVQ level 2-3 in plumbing or equivalent.
- Trade based experience may be considered.
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in Social Housing or Building Maintenance environment.
A full, clean current driving licence is needed so you can drive one of our vans.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Plumber then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times