Painter & Decorator - Windsor
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Painter & Decorator to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 21 days annual leave excluding bank holidays.
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to provide building fabric reactive maintenance, cyclical maintenance and support for functions to the Royal Household Windsor Estate. The Windsor Estate is comprised of the upper, middle, and lower wards of Windsor Castle, the Royal Mews, Frogmore House, various residential and commercial buildings in Home Park, Hampton Court Mews and Hampton Court Paddocks. This covers a wide range of types of buildings included Listed buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments which makes every day and every project different and interesting.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude and flexible approach who keeps calm under pressure. Your focus on customer service will be clear in everything that you do, and you will take a proactive approach to problem-solving and team-working.
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
A wide variety of Painting and Decorating works in occupied homes, buildings, and around the estate. The work will include all types of preparation, emulsion, gloss painting, wallpaper hanging, and associated repairs.
- Accountable for the quality of workmanship, method used to affect the repair, safety of yourself and those around whilst the repair is undertaken, and safe disposal of waste ensuring you are environmentally conscious.
- To have the right tools for the trade(s) you perform at all times.
- To always protect the property before starting the work and leave the property clean and tidy having completed the work.
- To ensure that the quality of work always meets the highest possible standards.
- Remain polite & professional at all times, and if needed request support from the repairs manager.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Keep the customer/office up to date with progress and plans.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible.
- Apply applicable Health & Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Maintain tools, plant, and equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition.
- Using your PDA maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence as necessary, reporting any difficulties encountered to the Administrator and /or repairs manager.
- Complete the repair in one visit where possible and update the system with accurate notes on any required follow on work/trades.
- Be willing to work additional hours to the requirements of the client on an ad hoc basis.
- To work within the Mountjoy group and assist other contracts as directed by the Contract Manager as and when the business dictates if necessary.
- Embrace the Mountjoy ethos of “Integrity, built-in - doing the right thing even when no one is looking”.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be able to demonstrate you are a competent tradesperson and have the tools to do the work.
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trade you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry working on historic / listed buildings.
- Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively, explaining yourself clearly and concisely understanding what information you need or need to provide.
- Be comfortable in dealing with residents / building representatives and always remain professional.
- Understand the need to complete outstanding pieces of work and deal with work, completely and in one go.
- Have an organised approach to meet the demands of Mountjoy in an effective and timely manner.
- Be a team player ensuring lessons learnt, and good practices are shared amongst the team for future benefit of the service.
- Be proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
- Have a practical approach to health and safety, ensuring that you and others are safe at all times.
- A problem solver and be able to work out what is a proportionate and necessary repair, learning from your previous experiences.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritizing and programming work in the most efficient manner.
- Be able to use knowledge and judgement to make the right decisions and find effective solutions to problems.
- Maintaining historic / listed buildings (Desirable)
- Working within occupied environments (Desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills (Essential)
- Previous experience of undertaking Wallpaper Hanging, Gold Leaf, Wood Graining, Stencilling, Colour Glaze, Marbling & Lettering.
- 2+ yrs. experience of working in a Property Maintenance environment.
- Ability to work at height.
- Time served qualification in Painting and Decorating.
- Ability to achieve SC clearance.
- Full UK Driving License
- PASMA (desired) or training to be attained.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Painter & Decorator
then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times