Finance Business Partner - Portsmouth
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Finance Business Partner to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after probation
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be the key finance contact for your contracts, producing timely and accurate accounts and commercial analysis that is shared with operational teams to assess performance and influence decision making. You will build good working relationships with operational managers, spending time in the work and on site to fully understand the business, how it works and how things can be improved. Insightful reporting of financial information will be key as you produce commercial analysis and challenge your colleagues leading to better decision making and improved financial performance.
You will also lead the accounts payable and payroll team, making sure all payments are made and received in accordance with company policies, developing the team to improve the service to the business.
- Lead by example, be proactive and engaged with the business challenging where required.
- Build strong working relationships with all levels of the business, working with operational colleagues and clients to make improvements.
- To view the internal operational divisions as a customer of the finance team, working to improve the service which they receive from the accounts payable and receivable teams.
- Interpret, explain and drive performance within the business. Using measures and KPI’s which are delivered in clear and engaging ways.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts and forecasts, interrogating variances and challenging the business on performance against forecast.
- Manage working capital across responsible contracts, escalating issues to FC to make sure proactively managed.
- Complete monthly balance sheet recs, highlighting areas of risk and actions required. With actions to resolve relevant suspense account balances in a timely way.
- Ensure process’ and procedures are compliant with good financial practice, demonstrating and providing relevant information for the annual financial audit.
- Produce weekly KPI reports with analysis to help the business on decision making highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Coach and develop the Accounts payable and payroll team to improve skills and service of finance provision for the business
- Ensure the company purchase cards are managed and controlled with appropriate processes and procedures in place to ensure risk is managed effectively
- Own the VAT process ensuring submissions and payments are accurate and completed on time.
- Ensure all ONS reporting is complete to timelines.
- A proven track record of business partnering.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels within the organization.
- Coaching and supporting others
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Finance Business Partner, then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times