The University of Portsmouth appointed Mountjoy to carry out refurbishment works to the 1st and 4th floor of their University Learning Centre, to create additional space and a positive working environment for their staff and students.
The £280k project began in May 2022 and was completed in July 2022.
The works were comprised of:
- New decorations
- Remodelling of existing rooms to include new partitions and doors
- New ventilation and AC systems
- Alterations to existing mechanical and electrical services
- Installation of glazed screens
- Installation of new flooring
Throughout the duration of the project, the University Learning Centre remained in use. Due to the time of year, there were also exams taking place in the building during the project.
We managed our works safely through clearly segregated working areas and clear signage to ensure all staff and students using the building were aware of our working areas. We also programmed our works effectively to ensure that there was no disruption to end of year exams.