Cathedral Court is a block of thirty-two privately owned flats located in Farnborough, Hampshire. In 2021, the building suffered serious damage following a major water leak which started at the top of the building, leaving the whole block uninhabitable.
In 2022, Mountjoy were appointed to complete reinstatement works at the building. The scope of works were negotiated and agreed following discussions between Mountjoy and the client, Itsyourplace Ltd, appointed surveyors, Hollis Global, and the buildings insurers.
The final works comprised of:
- The complete replacement of damaged M&E systems
- The reinstatement of all partitions, ceilings, and plastering
- Remedial fire stopping, new internal doors and fire doors to the flats
- Replacement of kitchen and bathrooms where they were damaged
- New carpets and floor coverings
- The installation of new skirting, architraves and window boards
- Remedial works to the passenger lift which was also damaged by the flood
The building remained unoccupied throughout the project, with residents staying in alternative accommodation until the works were completed.