The University of Southampton’s Avenue Library was in need of some refurbishment and alterations to allow for new areas and IT systems and to refresh and modernise its look.
The works were planned for the summer when the University is less busy but it was still open to students from overseas. The project needed to take into consideration the needs of staff and students, with an extra emphasis on strong communication and clear signage with both written and pictoral information.
- Electrical upgrades to existing lights
- Full data network upgrade to install additional PCs
- Installation of air conditioning & heating systems
- Installation of new carpets
- Installation of new reception desks
- Installation of suspended ceilings
- Decoration works
- Installation of new partitions
- Installation of new window blinds and window tinting
We liaised closely with the University to keep them updated with our progress and our planned programme of works. This was used as part of a live ‘update blog’ for staff and students to stay abreast of our project through delivery.