Supervisor - Hampshire Hub
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are seeking a conscientious, enthusiastic and experienced Supervisor with a can-do attitude and can-do approach. Applicants must have a technical background in all aspect of building and maintenance with the ability to provide and present accurate estimates for various differing small works projects, the supervisor should have previous experience in a similar role. The Supervisor must maintain a professional appearance, attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all contract employees must pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Keep the Call Centre and the Client up to date with the overall delivery of works and progress
- Build the relationship with the Client liaising with the them to keep them up to date with the overall delivery of the works and how these are progressing.
- Liaising with the building users and ensuring they are kept within the communication loop, so as to fully understand the process, schedule of works and what the next enabling steps are.
- Support the operatives in their learning and development, ensuring they have the right technical and organisational skills to do their job.
- Support for the Contract Manager when needed in the scoping, pricing and delivery of jobs.
- Manage work on site and update regularly in order to make sure work is completed in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Carry out quality checks on completed works when required and document the findings, making sure that any issues are passed to the Call Centre to allow prompt rectification.
- Support the Resource Controller in delivering the service i.e. with technical support with resourcing etc.
- Understand and enforce health and safety at all times, carrying out tool box talks, Operative assessments and other training with the team, whether on site or in the office.
- Carry out scaffold inspections, where required, ensuring that the scaffold register is kept up to date.
- Carry out normal day to day work as part of the daily tasks issued, carrying out site inspections, Health & Safety observations, quality checks and guidance for operatives and our sub-contractor partners
- Be a part of the call-out rota, out of hours, emergency team to be a point of escalation.
- Carry out induction of new staff members as necessary ensuring that the operative has a detailed understanding of Mountjoy, our client’s requirements and continual monitoring of the new inductee giving feedback as and when required.
- Trade qualifications (Essential)
- SMSTS or SSSTS Health and Safety (Essential)
- PASMA & Scaffold Inspectors trained (must be willing to complete the training if not qualified)
- IOSH Working Safety
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme accreditation or equivalent
- Asbestos awareness and unlicensed removal (must be willing to complete the training if not qualified)
- First Aid Trained – 3 day (must be willing to complete the training if not qualified)
- Experience of completing quotations and estimates (Essential)
- 3+ years’ experience working in a Property Maintenance and small works environment completing reactive, maintenance, and pricing and delivering small project works (Essential)
- Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, procedures, processes, regulations and legislation
- Managing/delivering maintenance, repairs and small project works
- IT knowledge and competency with various systems & programmes. Being able to deliver works via a pre-planned schedule and to update and communicate that schedule on a regular basis
A full, clean current driving licence is needed so you can drive one of our vans.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Roofer Multi then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times