A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Plumber/Multi to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles.
What you will get in return
- An annual salary of £30k – £32k
- 23 Days Holiday rising with length of service
- Life Assurance
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England. We employ over 330 staff based in Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Horsham offices.
Your new role
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,500 buildings across the East of Hampshire. Building types include:
- Police Stations and Offices
- Fire Stations and Offices
- Office buildings
- Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
- Historic Buildings
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Plumber/ Multi Trade Operative with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Trades persons must have relevant qualifications and broad commercial experience in their core trades with additional experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS and Barring check.
The most important elements relating to your work are;
- Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trades related repair requests.
- To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest possible standards at all times.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Keep the customer up to date with progress and plans.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Resource Controller and /or Supervisor.
- Apply applicable Health & Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Maintain tools, plant and equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition.
- Maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence as necessary.
- Ask your Supervisor for assistance when required.
- Be willing to work out of hours to the requirements of the client and participate on the call out rota.
- To work within the Mountjoy group and assist other contracts as directed by the Contract Manager as and when the business dictates.
- Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Be an inclusive part of the team
The Required Qualifications for the Role
NVQ or City and Guilds Plumbing
- CSCS Certificate (Desirable).
- Full current driving license.
- A DBS check is required before commencement of role
The Required Knowledge for the Role
- Over 3 years trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
- Plumbing (Essential)
- Other building trade experience.
- Wall tiling (Desirable)
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR on 02392 313515 who will give you further information on the role and company.