Plumber Multi / Wet Room Fitter - Fareham
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Plumber Multi / Wet Room Fitter to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- On top of your salary you will receive a £100 on call retainer for each week you are on call, and will be paid for each call out you attend
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Wet Room Fitter to join our team. Applicants must have relevant plumbing qualifications and broad commercial experience in their core trade, particularly in the social housing environment, and with additional experience and capability to complete other maintenance tasks. The applicant must be competent in at least 2 of the following trades: Carpentry, Flooring, Glazing, Tiling, Plastering or Decorating.
- Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trades related repair requests.
- To ensure that the quality of work always meets the highest possible standards.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe void maintenance service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently
- Follow applicable Health & Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively
- Be comfortable in dealing with tenants and Client representatives
- Have an organised approach to meet demands in an effective and timely manner.
- Have a practical approach to health and safety, ensuring that you and others are safe at all times.
- Be able to self-manage using initiative and be self-motivated, prioritising work in the most efficient manner to meet target completion dates.
- Must be experienced in all aspects of plumbing preferably experienced in installing bathrooms and wet rooms including:
- Ability to isolate & remove existing domestic bathrooms, strip tiles and patch plaster.
- Fit a level access shower tray in concrete or timber floor including ability to 'noggin' between joists to suit tray size
- Fit Baths
- Prepare your work/bathroom for other trades such as plasterer, electrician & floor layer.
- Fit pump (training can be provided) and box in
- First & second fix WC, shower unit, WHB, screens and disabled grab rails.
- Tile bathroom (desirable skill)
- NVQ level 2-3 in plumbing
- Be able to perform at least 3 other trades to an excellent standard.
- Full Driving Licence
- CSCS card would be an advantage
- PASMA / IPAF (desirable)
- 2 – 5 years’ experience of working in Property Maintenance environment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Plumber Multi / Wet Room Fitter then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times