Plumber Multi - Isle of Wight
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Plumber Multi to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- On top of your salary you will receive a £100 on call retainer for each week you are on call, and will be paid for each call out you attend
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to the Isle of Wight Council and Vectis Housing Association (amongst other clients) to provide the day-to-day repairs and planned maintenance to various buildings across the Isle of Wight.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Plumber Multi with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Trades persons must have relevant qualifications and broad commercial and domestic experience in their core trades with additional experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be always polite and courteous. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS.
A wide variety of plumbing repairs and planned work in occupied and unoccupied residential properties, corporate and civic buildings. The work will include; bathroom refurb and disabled adaptations. Also, with the ability to carry out ceramic wall tiling and minor decorative and carpentry works.
- Be able to demonstrate you are a competent tradesperson and have the tools to do the work.
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry.
- NVQ level 2-3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- Must be competent in 2 other secondary skills
- 2 – 5 yrs. experience of working in Building Maintenance environment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Plumber Multi then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times