Plumber/ Multi- Fareham Borough Council
A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Plumber Multi to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles.
What you will get in return
You will receive;
- An annual salary of £31,720
- A call out retainer payment of £100
- Up to 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Van with Fuel Card
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England. We employ over 330 staff based in Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester offices.
Your new role
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to Fareham Borough Council to provide a maintenance and repair service to void properties and ad-hoc improvements to occupied properties plus occasional day to day responsive repairs arising throughout normal working hours.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Plumber Multi to join our team. Applicants must have relevant plumbing qualifications (minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent) and broad commercial experience in their core trade, particularly in the social housing environment, and with additional experience and capability to complete other maintenance tasks. The applicant must be competent in at least 2 of the following trades: Carpentry, Flooring, Glazing, Tiling, Plastering or Decorating. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The most important elements relating to your work are;
To be experienced in all aspects of plumbing preferably experienced in installing bathrooms and wet rooms including:
- Ability to isolate & remove existing domestic bathrooms, strip tiles and patch plaster, widen doorway into brick or stud walls, fit door linings, hang or rehang doors
- Fit a level access shower tray in concrete or timber floor including ability to 'noggin' between joists to suit tray size.
- Fit Baths.
- Prepare your work/bathroom for other trades such as plasterer, electrician & floor layer.
- Fit pump (training can be provided)
- First & second fix WC, shower unit, WHB, screens and disabled grab rails.
- Tile bathroom (desirable skill)
- Be able to demonstrate you are a competent tradesperson and have the tools to do the work.
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry.
The Required Qualifications for the Role
- NVQ level 2-3 in plumbing
- Be able to perform at least 2 other trades to an excellent standard
- Full Driving Licence
- PASMA / IPAF (desirable)