Planned Supervisor- Portsmouth City Council
A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Supervisor to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles.
What you will get in return
- An annual salary of up to £35,625
- Up to 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay scheme
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
Your new role
To succeed in this role, you must possess strong leadership and management skills to ensure your operatives, subcontractors, and their operatives, follow company processes, procedures and engage with continuous improvement of the service.
As a Supervisor you are responsible for monitoring and supervising work delivered in the field by operatives and sub-contractors within Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets stock. As Supervisor you are accountable for ensuring you, and those that you manage, support, and supervise follow and comply with Contract and Company processes and procedures.
You will be predominantly working within Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets contract. The contract services over 8000 social housing homes and 718 council buildings providing responsive, voids and planned maintenance. You will also need to be flexible, adaptable, and prepared to support other maintenance contracts as required when demand dictates.
Our purpose is to deliver great customer service achieving “the right work at the right time”. You will need to have a positive, professional, and versatile attitude at all times in a constantly changing and continuously improving environment.
The Company expects high standards of quality, workmanship, health, safety and environmental management and you are responsible for monitoring, managing, and supporting its achievements.
The most important elements relating to your work are -
- Lead and manage your team of Operatives to make decisions so that they achieve “the right work at the right time” following the perfect repair process.
- Scope and survey large works such as Task Orders, Quoted works, DFG’s, Voids, and Kitchens providing cost estimates in terms of time, materials, plant, programs of works, risk assessments, and method statements, compliant to CDM 2015.
- Be accountable for the jobs you manage, supporting the Operations Centre when pulled upon to deal with technical queries or general issues.
- Ensure large works that you are accountable for, such as Task Orders, Quoted works, DFG’s, Voids, and Kitchens are supervised and monitored through to completion.
- Escalate to the Lead Supervisor any serious events or occurrences that need to be addressed urgently, and highlight key issues, trends or issues that could affect service delivery performance longer term if not addressed.
- Reinforce the Health and Safety culture by ensuring that company practices and policies are being followed and adhered to by you and others in the field, undertaking documented observations, highlighting issues and trends as they occur.
The Required Qualifications for the Role
- Technical expertise, qualifications, or apprenticeship in a trade skill.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme Accreditation (Desirable).
- Have a full driving licence.
The Required Experience for the Role
- 5 years’ experience of working in a Building Maintenance environment.
- 2 years’ experience of working in Social Housing environment (preferred).
- Exposure to a Maintenance Contract that has used the Systems Thinking Methodology and Principles to deliver the service (Desirable).
- Demonstrated through your attitude and application that you are a natural leader in the field.