Office Manager - Portsmouth City Council
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Office Manager to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be working in a call centre environment with Office Supervisors, Call Handlers, Service Administrators and Resource Controllers. Your main responsibility is to oversee and manage the Call Centre Team.
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
- To ensure the office is always resourced correctly and supervised in line with the office working hours, shift patterns, and escalation protocols.
- To be the point of contact and cover for the Service Manager in periods of absence such as leave and sickness.
- Ensure Service Continuity Plans are fit for purpose, and everyone involved can activate them and follow the plans.
- Be the lead for recruiting, induction and training of staff, ensuring everyone is following the correct processes and procedures, providing coaching and training to the team as required.
- Work with the Office Supervisors to ensure Mountjoy’s Job Management System (FES) and Portsmouth City Councils Database (PCC) is updated in a timely, accurate and concise way using measures to validate.
- Support the Service Manager in training, coaching, and developing the Call Centre Team to follow the correct process (Value and Enabling Steps) highlighting trends or issues as they occur so that improvements can be made.
- Undertake regular One-to-One’s to identify key service and personal objective improvements to be achieved. Identify members of staff that perform their role exceptionally well and develop these individuals through Personal Development plans.
- Ensure you understand the end-to-end process of delivering the perfect repair for the customer and the key responsibilities in achieving this for all the roles involved in this process.
- Champion Customer Service and coach the team to treat customers as they would expect to be treated if they were the customer themselves.
- You are responsible for your own Health & Safety and are expected to work with the Company and your line manger to ensure safety guidelines are followed and adhered.
- To live the Mountjoy ethos and values at all times with whoever you deal or engage with.
- Knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities. (Desirable)
- Understanding of the Geographical Portsmouth City area.
- 3 years’ experience of Managing an office team.
- Managed in a Call Centre Environment (Desirable)
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Math’s and English.
- Recognized management/leadership qualification.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Office Manager, then please send your CV to Jobs@mountjoy.co.uk – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times