Covid-19 Update: 24th April 2020
We have been reviewing our response to the Coronavirus pandemic on a weekly basis since we took the decision to close all Mountjoy offices and sites in late March. In order to support our clients we have now decided that it is appropriate to commence a limited re-opening of our head office and our sites where we can do this safely. However, our overriding focus remains on protecting our staff and ensuring we comply fully with all government guidance, and all operations will continue to be reviewed by the Directors on a weekly basis. The changes being implemented from Monday 27th April are as follows:
- Offices: The Mountjoy head-office will re-open for a very small number of helpdesk and supervisory staff to assist with increased demand on our Portsmouth City Council contract. All our other offices remain closed and all other helpdesks continue to be run remotely. The vast majority of staff who are working will continue to work from home.
- Maintenance Services: We are continuing to provide essential building maintenance services to our all key clients - these include Portsmouth City Council, Hampshire County Council, Isle of Wight Council, Fareham Borough Council, Horsham District Council, Vectis Housing, the University of Portsmouth and the University of Southampton.
- Construction Projects: We are in the process of re-opening our construction sites on a phased basis where we are confident it is safe to do so and with the support of staff and suppliers. Enhanced cleanliness and social distancing measures have been implemented on all sites as they open in line with the Construction Leadership Council guidance. This will be actively monitored to ensure compliance.
- Staff: Employees who are not required to directly provide or support these essential services remain ‘furloughed’ as part of the Coronavirus Job Protection Scheme.
- Suppliers and Subcontractors: We are updating subcontractors and suppliers about the situation on a contract by contract basis. Ordering, application and payment process are broadly unchanged unless specifically advised.
Even in these difficult times we are continuing to secure contracts for both our construction and maintenance divisions. We remain confident that as the government restrictions are lifted, Mountjoy will return to normal trading as a successful business. Any general queries during this time should be directed to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.