Handyperson - Portsmouth International Port
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Handyperson to join our dynamic team. This permanent, part time position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to Portsmouth City Council to provide planned, minor, and corrective maintenance works to all sites under the supervision of the Port Managers Department to include Portsmouth Cruise and Ferry Port and Camber Quay.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a conscientious, enthusiastic, and professional approach with a can-do attitude. The Company expects high standards of workmanship, health & Safety, and Environmental awareness.
You will need to use your skills, knowledge, experience, and training to ensure that general maintenance tasks are undertaken proficiently and to high standards.
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
A wide variety of general DIY type repairs, that also includes the regular watering of plants and flowers. You will also be assisting a groundworker, decorator and site supervisor, in varied locations of the Port site, and Camber Docks that will include working at heights.
- NVQ level 2-3 trade qualification.
- Full Driving License.
- 2 – 5 yrs. experience of working in the building and construction industry or similar environment where DIY skills would be used.
A full, clean current driving licence is needed so you can drive one of our vans.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Handyperson, then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
Present a professional appearance at all times.
Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
Deliver a high standard of work at all times