Facilities Assistant/Handyperson - Windsor
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Facilities Assistant/Handyperson to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- You will be issued your own company vehicle and fuel card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mountjoy Ltd is contracted to provide building fabric reactive maintenance, cyclical maintenance and support for functions to the Royal Household Windsor Estate. The Windsor Estate is comprised of the upper, middle, and lower wards of Windsor Castle, the Royal Mews, Frogmore House, various residential and commercial buildings in Home Park, Hampton Court Mews and Hampton Court Paddocks. This covers a wide range of types of buildings included Listed buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments which makes every day and every project different and interesting.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude and flexible approach who keeps calm under pressure. Your focus on customer service will be clear in everything that you do, and you will take a proactive approach to problem-solving and team-working.
- Be the “second person” on 2 person jobs alongside an engineer.
- Undertake porterage tasks including moving equipment and erecting signage and barriers.
- Carry out minor fabric and decorating repairs.
- To ensure that the quality of work always meets the highest possible standards.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Keep the customer/office up to date with progress and plans.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost-effectively, minimizing non-productive time wherever possible.
- Apply applicable Health and Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Maintain tools, plant, and equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition.
- Use your PDA to maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence when necessary, reporting and difficulties encountered to your line manager.
- Assistance with or completion of gutter cleaning and drain clearance tasks.
- Carry out regular RPM tasks.
- Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively, explaining yourself clearly and concisely, understanding what information you need, or need to provide.
- Be comfortable in dealing with residents/building representatives and always remain professional.
- Have an organised approach to meet the demands of Mountjoy in an effective and timely manner.
- Have a practical approach to Health and Safety, ensuring that you are safe at all times.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivates, prioritising and programming work in the most efficient manner.
- Excellent customer service skills. (Essential)
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Experience of maintaining historic/listed buildings. (Desirable)
- Experience of working within occupied environments. (Desirable)
- 2+ years of experience working in a property maintenance environment.
- Ability to work at height.
- Ability to achieve SC clearance.
- Full UK Driving License.
- PASMA (desired) or training to be attained.
A full, clean current driving licence is needed so you can drive one of our vans.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Facilities Assistant/Handyperson then please click “apply” now – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times