Deputy Scheduler - Portsmouth City Council
Mountjoy specialises in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Deputy Scheduler to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- We offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year.
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (3% Employer and 5% Employee)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be working in a call centre environment with other Resource Controllers supporting the allocating of Operatives, Sub-Contractors and Materials Service to Portsmouth City Council’s (PCC) Housing and Corporate Assets repairs. Your primary responsibility will be to assist the Resource Controllers in the scheduling of appointments and planning of future jobs at the appointment time requested by the customer. You will provide cover for the Resource Controllers in periods of absence such as holiday and sickness.
The key activities you will undertake in this role will be:
- Working closely with the other Resource Controllers to ensure efficient and effective resourcing of repair appointments and materials deliveries
- Support the scheduling of repair appointments based on Operatives skills, availability and locality to the jobs ensuring we meet the appointment times requested and keep travel time and idle time to a minimum.
- Assist the Resource Controllers to plan ahead for future appointments, be aware of any issues that could prevent you from meeting the appointments raising any concerns with the Resource Controller.
- Provide cover for all Resource Controllers in periods of absence such as leave, sickness, meetings, training, and improvement initiatives.
- To monitor the job management system screens to ensure when a job requires you to act you take action, or if uncertain pull on the Resource Controller for assistance.
- Ensure you understand the end to end process of delivering the perfect repair for the customer and your key responsibilities in achieving this as well as understanding key responsibilities of others in that process.
- Ensure issues or concerns effecting great customer service are captured and feedback to the Lead Resource Controller to ensure it gets acted upon and resolved.
- Assist with capturing key management data to understand service performance, highlighting any issues or trends and areas of improvement, feeding this back to the management team to act on.
- You are responsible for your own Health & Safety and are expected to work with the Company and your line manger to ensure safety guidelines are followed and adhered.
- To live the Mountjoy ethos and values at all times with whoever you deal or engage with.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group. (Desirable)
- Understanding of the Geographical Portsmouth City area. (Desirable)
- Worked in an operational / logistical resourcing role (Desirable)
- 2 years’ experience working in an Operations Centre of a Building Maintenance Contract.
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Deputy Scheduler, then please send your CV to Jobs@mountjoy.co.uk – We’d love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
Our Company values
We take pride in everything we do - Which means we expect all our employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised.
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times