A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Contract Manager to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles.
What you will get in return
- An annual salary of £45,000 + Car Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Life Assurance
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers. We employ over 330 staff across the south of England.
Your new role
Mountjoy Ltd has an opportunity to provide Maintenance and reactive repairs, as well as minor works, across several clients on the Isle of Wight. The role will be run from our Ryde office but there will be a need to travel around the island to meet with clients and assess works.
The type of work that will be carried out range from fitting doors and carrying out electrical tests to fire remedial works and refurbishments of both houses and commercial buildings.
We are seeking a conscientious, enthusiastic, and experienced Manager with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Applicants must have qualifications and relevant experience of managing in either the Maintenance or Facilities Management industry. Additional technical training at HNC level or above in Construction and Building disciplines would be advantageous, or willingness to work towards.
The most important elements relating to your work are;
- To ensure you have the right team, and proactively manage the performance of that team, to successfully deliver and grow the contract(s) and ad hoc workflows to the Business’s and Clients expectations.
- To be responsible and accountable for the Financial performance of the contract(s) and ad hoc workflows ensuring the business achieves a sustainable return.
- To ensure that Company Health and Safety policies are followed and adhered to by any of the resources utilised in the delivery of the contracts and workflows under your control.
- Manage the directly employed workforce, subcontractors, and Merchant supply chain partners.
- To work closely with your Financial Business Partner to ensure that operational performance is understood and connected to financial return, and that Work in Progress, Debtor, and Creditor levels do not become aged and out of control.
- To spend time in the work identifying issues and trends that need to be acted upon through measurement so that you truly understand what is required to improve the service, system or processes.
- Ensure that performance is constantly monitored to ensure that all KPI’s are met and presented to the client(s) expectation, and when needed coherent improvement plans are identified and executed by your team.
- To forge strong working relationships with Client Representatives.
- To ensure you live and embrace the Mountjoy ethos and values.
- Always understand and enforce health and safety, carrying out toolbox talks, Trade assessments and other training with the team, whether on site or in the office.
- Carry out induction of new subcontractors and staff members as necessary ensuring that they have a detailed understanding of Mountjoy and Client requirements.
- To drive and lead improvement projects to achieve and exceed Industry Best Practise in quality, safety, technical, service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Be able to quote for minor works and achieve a sustainable margin on those projects
- Be a part of the out of hours management rota.
The Required Qualifications
- Degree, Diploma, HNC in a construction or surveying discipline (Desirable or working towards)
- Membership of relevant professional technical body with chartership (Desirable or working towards)
- IOSH Working Safely (Desirable)
The Required Experience
- 5+ years in Property maintenance or Facilities Management environment (Essential)
- Exposure to a Contract Management role (Essential)
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or call HR on 02392 313515 who will give you further information on the role and company.