Exceptional opportunity in Portsmouth for a Supervisor to join a truly different and unique organisation.
Your new company
Mountjoy is a company on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has embarked on a journey that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. Mountjoy is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations.
Your new role
Responsible for the performance of Operatives and Subcontractors in the delivery of their work ensuring high standards of workmanship, health and safety and client satisfaction at all times.
What you will need to succeed
- Able to recruit and induct staff ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract.
- Be the technical expert for associated works, providing efficient and effective solutions where required.
- Able to support and coach a team in the achievement of the perfect process.
- Able to operate in a changing and evolving environment and enjoy the challenge.
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
- Have an organised approach to work and time management.
- Able to apply a practical approach and solutions to Health & Safety.
- Proficient in MS Office to an intermediate level and able to use an IT system for job management understanding how it functions and interacts with other systems.
- Able to record information in the field, identify trends and recurrent issues and put a measure in place to understand the extent of the trend or issue.
- Be a team player by understanding what it is to be part of a team sharing experiences and learning.
- Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, procedures, processes, regulations, and legislation.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the repair, maintenance, PPM and Minor Works of University Estates Buildings and Halls of Residence.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a trade skill.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme accreditation.
- Have a full driving licence.
- 5 years’ experience of working in a Building Maintenance, PPM and Minor Works environment.
- Demonstrated through your attitude and application that you are a natural leader in the field