Rozel Court, a block of supported accommodation in Southampton had an old lift in one wing of the block which required replacement. A new lift and shaft needed to be installed to allow the residents and visitors access to the upper floors.
In spring 2015 Mountjoy was appointed to design and install a new lift shaft and carry out internal remodelling works to Rozel Court.
The project works included:
- decommissioning the existing lift
- Design, construction and installation of a new pre-cast concrete lift shaft, cart, lift motor plant and lift guide rails;
- Installation of new underground drainage system and adaptation of the existing drainage system to fit this;
- Installation of Vitrabond cladding and rear curtain walling to the lift shaft;
- Installation of a ramped front entrance canopy and stepped entrances;
- Installation of new external entrance doors;
- Installation of roof access to provide access to lift machine room;
- Installation of a new scooter store.
The project was completed in August 2016. A barbecue was held at the site for the residents to celebrate the completion of the building works, alongside a prize raffle for residents who completed a satisfaction survey regarding the works.