Exceptional opportunity on the Isle of Wight for a Resource Controller to join a truly different and unique organisation.
Your new company
Mountjoy is a company on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has embarked on a journey that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. Mountjoy is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations
Your new role
To supervise your team ensuring efficient and effective logistical management and resourcing of Trade Operatives and Sub-Contractors to meet Repair Appointments, and achieve our purpose of the right repair and the right time
What you will need to succeed
- Able to recruit and induct staff ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract.
- Comfortable in a changing and evolving environment demonstrating a level head to the team and enjoy the challenge.
- Be effective in communicating with your staff so that they understand what they need to do and why.
- Be comfortable in dealing with the workforce or tenants and be able to remain professional even when issues are contentious.
- Able to organise, prioritise and schedule jobs to meet appointments by planning into the future using the measures of the job management system, and able to organise staff and operative rotas/leave to meet appointment demand.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications and our Job Management System FES.
- Be a team player by understanding what it is to be part of a team sharing experiences and learning.
- Proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
- Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the service.
- Understand customer service, and can coach and supervise a team to provide a professional service in all circumstances.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group.
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English.
- NVQ 3/BTEC or equivalent in Business Administration/Studies or Customer Services
- Ideally have a full clean driving licence.
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary. In addition to 23 days holiday you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements, Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Ashleigh 02392 313515 who will give you further insight into your new role and the company you will work for.