Join a local, well-established company that believes in recognising its staff for their commitment and offers an opportunity to grow.
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
Our team based at the University of Southampton’s Glen Eyre campus deliver reactive and planned maintenance to the student accommodation around the city. As well the normal day-to-day carpentry, plumbing, electrical and other ad hoc repairs Mountjoy also carries out larger refurbishments and works within Southampton General Hospital.
Your new role
Efficiently manage the work order financial costings and support the resource controller and contract manager in managing the team ensuring efficient and effective logistical management. Monitor recalls and cost inefficiencies and provide accurate data for analysis.
What you will need to succeed
- Comfortable in a changing and evolving environment demonstrating a level head to the team and enjoy the challenge.
- Be effective in communicating with staff so that they understand what they need to do and why.
- Be comfortable in dealing with the workforce or tenants and be able to remain professional even when issues are contentious.
- Able to organise, prioritise and schedule jobs to meet appointments by planning into the future using the measures of the job management system, and able to organise staff and operative rotas/leave to meet appointment demand.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications and our Job Management System FES.
- Be a team player by understanding what it is to be part of a team sharing experiences and learning
- Proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
- Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the service.
- Understand customer service, and can coach and supervise a team to provide a professional service in all circumstances.
Knowledge & Qualifications requried
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including FES and Planon or similar – Two systems currently in use
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English.
- NVQ 3/BTEC or equivalent in Business Administration/Studies or Customer Services
- Ideally have a full clean driving licence.
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary, with 23 days holiday. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements. Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or speak to Ashleigh 02392 313732 who will give you further insight into your new role and the company you will work for.