A great opportunity to shape Health & Safety systems in an award-winning construction and maintenance company.
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
Our safety team is responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of over 300 staff, with over 200 out on their tools delivering repairs and building works. Here at Mountjoy we believe in ‘doing the right thing even when no one is looking’ which requires we keep up our high environmental and safety standards at all times through training and monitoring.
Your new role
Support the Head of HSE in the delivery of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Strategy promoting a positive and collaborative approach to improve behaviours and culture, whilst ensuring the Company complies and adheres to all current legislation, policies and procedures.
What you will need to succeed
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of the company's health, safety, and environmental management systems, to ensure the safety of staff, contractors, and other stakeholders in line with current health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Support the Head of HSE in ensuring the company’s management systems comply with ISO and OHSAS UKAS accreditation standards
- Influence staff and contractors to take a positive approach to health, safety, and environment through considerable time spent in the field supporting, coaching, and mentoring
- Deliver the company’s training requirements through in-house or outsourced arrangements to develop the understanding, knowledge and awareness of health, safety, and environmental matters of all staff, contractors, and other key stakeholders
- Train, coach and develop contract managers, supervisors, foreman and site managers to a high standard in the management of staff and subcontractors in relation to all health, safety, and environmental matters
- Oversee incident reporting and investigations ensuring incidents are efficiently and effectively investigated and corrective actions and improvement measures are coherently implemented across the company
- Support the Head of HSE in ensuring that the management systems, safety plans, policies, procedures, monitoring and reporting records are saved efficiently and effectively in Company’s designated file repository(s) and that all documentation professionally represents the company
- Keep up to date with all health, safety, and environmental legislation and any other developments that affect the company advising on what action should be taken
- When required support the Operational teams with client liaison on matters of health, safety, and environment
- Support Business Development and Operational teams in specifying, and development of, working practices and solutions for tendering and operational activities
- Support the Head of HSE in ensuring the development, implementation, and monitoring of environmental management and sustainability solutions into policies, procedures, and operational activities
- Monitoring and auditing of the company's health, safety, and environmental management systems, to ensure the safety of staff, contractors, and other stakeholders in line with current health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Oversee incident reporting and investigations ensuring incidents are efficiently and effectively investigated and corrective actions and improvement measures are proposed for implementation across the company
- Oversee the reporting of key data and information to accurately timely measure leading and lagging statistics for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports identifying trends and areas for improvement
- Driving licence is essential
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of £40k - £42k (depending on experience), plus company vehicle with 23 days holiday. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements. Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or speak to Ashleigh 02392 313732 who will give you further insight into your new role and the company you will work for.