A great opportunity to shape Health & Safety systems in an award-winning construction and maintenance company.
Your new company
Mountjoy is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
Our safety team is responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of over 300 staff, with over 200 out on their tools delivering repairs and building works. Here at Mountjoy we believe in ‘doing the right thing even when no one is looking’ which requires we keep up our high environmental and safety standards at all times through training and monitoring.
Your new role
To be the key advisor to the Board of Directors, Senior Managers and Staff on matters of Health, Safety, and Environmental Strategy promoting a positive and collaborative approach to improve behaviours and culture, whilst ensuring the Company complies and adheres to all current legislation, policies and procedures.
What you will need to succeed
- Deep understanding of legal health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and have the skills to implement these improvements in an efficient and effective manner with buy-in form from key stake holders
- NEBOSH and Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CIMOSH) or above
- IMEA Environmental certificate or above
- 5 years experience in providing health, safety and environmental advice in the construction and building maintenance sectors
- 5 years experience of managing a team
- Experience of achieving and maintaining ISO and OHSAS UKAS accredited standards
- Driving licence is essential
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of £50-55k (depending on experience), plus a car allowance with 25 days holiday. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements. Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
What you need to do now
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Ashleigh 02392 313732 who will give you further insight into your new role and the company you will work for.